Monday, August 20, 2007

Maybe There Wasn't a Stud There!

My friend and I tried to sit on the porch swing at the same time and BAM we hit the floor. Laughing all the way. We just sat on the floor and laughed for about five minutes. The $30 swing proved to be a poor investment even before it fell because the wood was so thin and flimsy. If anything, I would have thought the slats on the bench would have broken. I guess I just missed the stud when I hung the swing. I have a nice chunk of beadboard that took the plunge with us, so I'll have to add it to the list. I was surprised how good it felt to just laugh at my misfortune for a few minutes. I need to stop taking this house so seriously and just enjoy the journey!

I had a building inspector out today to check my framing, and I got the pass to close up the walls! Now I can finish the drywall, tape and mud, hang a door, and get my roommate moved into that room. Then I can sleep in the living room all by myself. Aah, the joys of homeownership!

1 comment:

Muskego Jeff said...

You're not supposed to sleep in the living room until you're married, so I guess what you're doing could be considered "practice".