Tuesday, September 25, 2007

This Shouldn't Happen, Ever.

My friend Sara came up from Minneapolis this weekend and used my bathroom to get ready before going out. The next day I noticed she had left a straightening iron in the bathroom. I happened to be able to call her before she left Fargo so she could come pick it up before she left. I thought I'd bring it out to the living room so it was nearby when she came.



I reached out to unplug it



and...



WHAT!?! That is NOT cool! It won't be too hard of a fix, but seriously, who just nails an outlet box to plaster? I did get a really good laugh out of it though. I'll just add this to my ever-growing list of things to do.

3 comments:

Muskego Jeff said...

Looks like the PO who did my wiring worked on your house, too!

kelli.griffis said...

Jeez, I was so scared you were going to pull the plug out and get zapped! Or that your friend had left the iron on and scorched your counter or something! Still, super funny/frustrating discovery! ;-)

Fargo 1928 said...

Oh, I totally wouldn't have cared about the counter. There's a beautiful pedestal sink in the basement just waiting...